Q: What’s new in IIS 7?
A: The short answer is “a lot”! IIS7 makes it easy to:
- Minimize patching and security risks with fine grained control over Web server footprint
- Implement powerful Web solutions rapidly with a new extensibility framework
- Go to market faster with simplified deployment and configuration of applications
- Reduce administrative costs by managing Web infrastructure more efficiently
- Reduce Web site downtime by quickly resolving faulty applications
See the IIS7 Home Page for more highlights.
Q: Where and when does IIS7 ship? How do I get IIS7?
A: IIS7 is a part of Microsoft’s Windows Vista and Windows Server “Longhorn” release. It is available now in the Beta 2 release to all Beta customers. You can try IIS7 out now in your web browser, using http://VirtualLabs.IIS.net/.